Saturday, March 28, 2009

Everybody just wants to sleep with me. Do I look like a slut?

We all have in our lives at least one or more good friends and perhaps one or more best friends? Having one amongst the many good friends is good enough, not in my world. I have more than one BEST friend although people tell me that you can have only one for the best, so I decided to defy best with the ‘bestest’ friend. We make friends with new people we meet along the way whom we befriend or through something that brought us closer. Some we just leave them aside when they can’t even trust anyone or even themselves. That’s when we need to know when to let go and move on. My friend, Chris, to make sure that his other buddy would not be forgotten; he got a tattoo in his honor. It was an 11-inch tattoo being permanently inked on his left calf. I heard it’s quite common for marines to get tattoos to show honor for pals.

We whisper secrets with our best friend, in the dark. We look for comfort where we can find it. I wonder how I got through it all, of my past when I was once very boisterous, very flashy, flamboyant, and I love to pose challenges to people. I was always saying something out of the ordinary, to get myself motivated to keep the friendships going. We break the rules we make for ourselves. We throw tantrums when things don’t go our way. Against all logic, against all experience, I still have many friends who pamper me, even till today. It’s my gift of the gap; the deep throat that slices your thoughts too sweet for desserts or words that blend well like smoothie that lubricates the throat. If there’s anything I detest will be my mouth. It’s such a powerful feature that soothes the soul and the ability to have selective pleasure.

Nourish good friendships and dump unappreciated ones. At some point, you have to make a decision. Boundaries don't keep other people out. They fence you in. Life is messy. That's how we're made. So, you can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them. But there are some lines that are way too dangerous to cross. Letting go and moving on is necessary. Recognizing when to let go and move on is a gift.

So really tell me what you think when you know people want to be your friend just because they want to sleep with you. Lust always focuses on an object to fulfill its desire. Then you wonder will there be love or in most relationships, you're feeling all three (love, infatuation, and lust) all at once, to some degree. Lust is all centered on your 'sexual compatibility’. It’s because of your face and physique that fits the mind of what's gorgeous; the way you talk, move and communicate in a way that pushes his buttons. If you know it, why complain. Its God’s gifts to you for having the looks to attract and to kill, and I know how fantastic that feels! Don’t complain when there is more than one who fancies you, better to have the chemical reaction then to feel the lack of chemistry. That was a testimony of my gorgeous looking buddy. Thank goodness not all good looking fellows behave like sluts.

When the night is cloudy,
There is still a light that shines on me.
Shine on until tomorrow,
Let it be.

No comments: